Binders® Framing Associate
Framing associates assist customers in finding the best solutions for their framing needs and ultimately deliver a product that meets or exceeds the standards of the department and the customer’s expectations. They should be knowledgeable in all aspects of framing from mounting, glazing, and shadow boxing to frame design. A framer must have an eye for design, attention to detail and good communication skills to ensure excellent customer service. Framing associates duties include but are not limited to:
- Customer care and service including frame design, order taking, and any needed communication throughout the process.
- Cutting and placement of materials for the art/objects being framed.
- Art/object mounting using the appropriate method for each.
- Stretching primed, raw and painted canvas.
- Designing and cutting mats.-Art handling and filing.
- May include cutting and joining of frame moulding and stretcher bars.
- Maintaining a clean and organized department which includes: taking out the trash, dusting, surface cleaning, maintaining and stocking ready-made frames, and making sure the framing workroom stays organized and tidy.
- Good interpersonal skills to assist in communication with customers and your fellow employees.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high level of efficiency.
- Have a careful and methodical approach to work.
- Able to work accurately and neatly.
- Possess an aptitude for design, and an interest in art.
- Good manual dexterity, eyesight, and color vision.
- Ability to read a ruler and calculate measurements.
- Good sales technique and ability to up sale to improve the design and/or quality of the finished piece.
Store TEAM Associate
Sales associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. Sales associates have an emphasis on department and product knowledge, providing information on product features, and knowing related items to upsell. Sales associates maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas, and ensure that it is clean, shoppable, and safe. Each associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager On Duty, and working safely as not to endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers. Sale Associate ensuring that all customers receive excellent service through direct knowledge, and prompt and courteous service.
- Assisting customers with questions, needs and purchases.
- Cultivating successful relationships with retail customers.
- Completing each transaction in a quick and efficient manner.
- Cleaning shelves, counters, and tables.
- Greeting each customer that comes into the store the Binders Way.
- Identifying customer needs.
- Preparing merchandise for display.
- Assisting customers with purchase decisions.
- Assisting in physical inventory counts.
- Visual merchandising standards.
- Setting up merchandise on the sales floor.
- Making sure that customers receive receipts on all purchases.
- Watching out for loss prevention through leakage and theft.
- Attend quarterly Store Meetings.
- Represent Binders by being a part of the Binders Culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales techniques and best business practices.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.
- Maintaining high visibility and energy levels on the sales floor.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk around for long periods of time.
- Computer proficiency Outlook, for Nightly TEAM Communication.
- Enthusiastic attitude in person and over the telephone.
- Natural ability to communicate with others.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Displaying a professional and unbiased manner at all times.
- Able to adapt to immediate or unforeseen challenges.
- Detail orientated and consistently accurate.
- Can quickly learn new processes.