Painting for All Levels with Donna Thomas
6 Sessions | All Levels
Beginner to intermediate students will receive instruction and guidance on independent projects for paintings in oil or acrylic, which may include the subjects of landscape, figure, portrait, still life, abstract, animals, etc. – that chosen by the student. Instruction will incorporate the basic art principles of design, value and color harmony. Group critique will be held, which offers an opportunity for students to see how others “see” their work. This critique is informative in nature; not critical, but positive in approach.
In this class we will:
- Begin class deciding on approach towards chosen subject - whether it be realistic, abstract or impressionistic, whether oil or acrylic
- Learn design, value and color harmony.
- Initiate painting with instructional guidance throughout.
- Group critique mid-way through class to obtain instructive feedback.
- Continue to work on painting.
- Finish class.
*Some paintings will last several classes.
- Basic palette:
- Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Raw Umber
- Cadmium Red Light
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cerulean Blue Hue
- Ultramarine Blue
Brushes – different sizes of bristle flats and filberts
Brush cleaner – jar with lid
GAMSOL for oils
Water spritzer for acrylics
Palette – disposable, glass or Plexiglas
Photos references (several)